- Do you want to make a career in outsourcing/Offshoring industry in the Finance and Accounting domain?
- Do you have any interview lined up or are you looking for a Job in specialized function of the fixed asset accounting?
- Do you want to enhance your accounting skills such as general accounting, valuation and calculation of fixed assets, reconciliations, etc? That will help you climb up the ladder at your firm?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you have come to the right place.
Fixed assets include property, plant and equipment and can be one of the largest asset groups within a firm, which requires special accounting knowledge that differs from the accounting used for the rest of the assets.
Fixed Asset Reconciliation is the accounting process where they are entered in the Balance sheet and fixed asset Register and then reconciled to make sure that all of them are correctly accounted for. This is needed to improve the companies expansion, growth, improving customer service and enhance the companies financial security.
This course will teach you how to record all these assets including property, plant and equipment along with covering on-time closure of books of accounts, accuracy, reconciliation of financial data, and compliance of financial statements. You will learn about the various concepts of accounting that will make your professional life much easier. At over 21 hours long, with 18 modules and practice sessions, this course will make sure you will feel empowered and educated after taking the course.
This course Includes
- Basic Theory and fixed assets concepts explained
- Practical Examples
- Short quizzes build in the learning
- Keep repeating and learning till one learns and understands
- Training ERP – a Live Practice session
- Question Bank
- Continuous updating of knowledge base
- Sharing of Knowledge
- On Demand Learning – the trainee will be able to match/plan his time according to his other plans.
What will you learn?
- Enhanced learning which will help you to get you through the job interviews. Your chances of getting a job increases.
- Your performance in the interviews will be better and this can get you a better salary as compared to others.
- Your knowledge will lead to better performance in the job leading to a faster growth.
- You will face less anxiety in the job as post training you understand the job Expectation
- Due to better training and practice you will be able to settle in your job faster
- Less on the job training time required by you
- Higher Productivity when the you join the organization
Who is this course for?
- Freshers and up to 5 years of Experience or anyone who wants to make a career in Finance and Accounts Outsourcing/Offshoring Operations.
The requirements of this course are
- Word processor
- No prior experience required
- Enthusiasm and determination to make a difference!
- Module 1 - Introduction to the Subject – Covering Definition, Functions, Objectives, Limitations of accounting, Users of Accounting information, Why Accounting is a business language, Accounting Cycle, Double Entry System explanation.
- Module 2 - Meaning of basic accounting terms we use
- Module 3 - The Nut and bolts - 9 accounting concepts and 4 accounting conventions explained
- Module 4 - Concept of Cash Basis and Accrual Basis of Accounting
- Module 5 - Golden Rules of Accounting (Traditional & Modern Approach with examples and significance)
- Module 6 - Accounting Equation – (logic, application, examples)
- Module 7 - Journal and application in Accounting Equation (This will include lots of example journal entries as activity. Accounting Equation is separately included in this module)
- Module 8 - Ledger Posting (How to post entries, balance accounts and understand the logic)
- Module 9 - Depreciation Accounting (Causes and Methods of depreciation, Amortisation, depletion, practice problems)
- Module 10 - Reserves and Provisions - meaning and difference (Capital and revenue reserve, difference between reserve and provision, self-evaluation questions)
- Module 11 - Concept of Capital and Revenue Expenditure/Income (Difference between capital and revenue expenditure, deferred revenue expenditure, capital and revenue receipt, capital and revenue profit/loss)
- Module 12 - A glimpse of Finalization of accounts with adjustments (Trading account, profit and loss account, balance sheet, adjustments, different between fixed and current assets, liabilities)
- Module 13 - Concept of Balance Sheet Accounts reconciliation (8 steps of BSR, subsidiary ledger, important terms, responsibility matrix, tips for BSR)
- Module 14 - Closing Entries/meaning of month-end closing of Books of Accounts
- Module 15 - Trial Balance and Adjustments/Rectification entries concept (Trial balance Format, types of errors, suspense account, Trial balance sample entries activity)
- Module 16 - Bank Reconciliation Statement - base building (Introduction to BRS, ground rules of cash book and pass book, sample problems)
- Module 17 - Other Day Books/Subsidiary Books (Such as purchase book, sales book, cash book)
- Module 18 - A brief overview of Inventory accounting and Cost of Goods Sold concept
Practice Session – Journal and application in Accounting Equation - We have created a Training ERP system on which the trainees will practice the concepts which they have learned. They are given 100 Journals with Accounting Equation impacts. They have to complete the postings correctly. This is based on real life scenario.